Moving Rates » Storage
There is no shortage of storage companies around the country. In fact, the moving and storage business is now segmented into commercial and domestic, which makes your search that much easier. But, there are a few factors that you need to consider when selecting a storage service or storage company:
- Why do you need storage - because you are moving? Or because you are remodeling your house? Or because you have things that you don't need right now and don't want to get rid of? These are all questions you need to consider first.
- Then, the location of the storage service needs to be figured out. Factor in the time it takes to get to your storage facility.
- Accessibility is another important aspect. Will you have access to your things around the clock and year round? Or will the service not be available on weekends/national holidays/certain hours?
- Security MUST not be dismissed. Does the location have a monitoring system? How secure are your belongings in terms of someone else having access to them. Also, you need to check whether the storage service has 24 hour security personnel on-site.
- The size of the storage facility also plays a part in your choice. This would depend on the amount of goods you want to store. Also, you need to check whether the storage service has climate controlled areas if you have sensitive items to protect. It is a good thing to ask for any special services that they may offer. For example; storage accessories are vital components that always come in handy.
- Price and insurance of course have to be considered before making your final decision. Standard storage costings take the storage size and duration into consideration but you need to be clear about whether or not the storage facility you want to use has any additional costs. There are some storage companies that offer insurance for your belongings but if not, you need to make sure that you insure your stored items.